“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Albert Einstein

Friday, March 8, 2013

Being In the Spirit

Reading Relation one this morning.  Got to wondering what John means about "being in the Spirit".  I know Paul talked about being with one of the churches in spirit when they worship.  Paul's comments sound like more than just "concern from afar".  It's like he's able to see what's going on in the church.

St. Theresa of Avila writes about similar experiences with the Lord---being draw out of her body and seeing other places. So this got me thinking and wondering what being "in the Spirit" was all about. 

What strikes me about John's comment in Revelation is that he says it as if it's the most normal thing in the world. It's almost like he expects everyone to automatically know what he's talking about.  Kind of like we say, "I was on the phone when the doorbell rang."

I think it's time to start learning what the Holy Spirit is all about.  I'm called to walk by the Spirit.  And I think I'm just beginning to understand a little bit of how to do this.  Being "in the Spirit" sounds like a different experience all together. 

So much to learn. 

No comments: