“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Albert Einstein

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cross the Rubicon. Burn the Ships.

I like to have Plan B in my pocket.  I've got options if things don't work out.  It serves me well in lots of areas.  But sometimes I have to burn the ships.  Once I make the decision there's no going back and no other options.  Like Caesar crossing the Rubicon, either I conquer and survive or I fail. 

Today I'm burning ships.  I've been pecking away at being a Realtor and finally said to my self, "This is not my passion."   I'm pretty good at it, but I don't love it enough to go after it like there's no tomorrow.

Today I decided not to keep paying for my electronic key that gets me in to houses for sale.  And I'm not going to renew my license next month.  I'm going to do something I'm passionate about.

I've toyed with the idea of writing a book in the past.  One time I even came close to starting.  Fear and resistance beat me back.  I wasn't sure I could do it.  I didn't have the confidence to just sit down and do the work and trust the muse to visit.

But I've changed.  I know what I have to do.  I'm climbing in the ring with resistance and wrestling it to the ground each day.  I will make this work.  I'll keep at it until it does.

No comments: