“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Albert Einstein

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Can We Build It?

I know how to build a house.  I know the order in which things have to be done and I know a lot of common problems to look for and avoid.  But this week I thought back to the first house we built.  We knew a lot about construction, but we were far from experts.  We didn't even know how much we didn't know. 

I don't know how Brenda & I got to where we look at something we've never done before & say, "Sure we can do that!"  We built our house.  We built our business.  We've done projects for clients that were brand new processes for us.  God has blessed us with insight and revelation to figure out what we need to know as we go.

So here I am looking at something I've never done before and saying, "Sure, I can do that."

I've got a book inside of me that I'm bringing out and putting on paper.  Well, technically it only exists in my head and as ones and zeros on my computer.  I'm going to have to discover the things I don't know and then learn them.  My past attempts at constructing a book never got past kicking around a few clods of dirt, let alone digging a foundation.  But something is different in me.  I've got the footings placed and the framing is going up.  It's going to be lots of work.  But I think I'm ready.

No comments: