“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Albert Einstein

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rest

Photo by liber(thepoet);, Flickr





Isa 30:15 For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel: "In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." But you would not

Hbr 4:11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

Resting on Jesus is a message we heard from Joseph Prince earlier this year.  The Spirit has been speaking to me for years about not relying on my  own works.  But I've only started to hear the past few months.  The drive to do is strong.  That is the desire to do things in an effort to gain favor from God.

God still expects me to do, he doesn't want lazy sons.  But I'm learning to do the things I do because of my rest in him, not because my doing earns me any points in my "God account".

What struck me was the verse in Isaiah is saying the same thing.  The message of resting in God's grace is fully expressed in the New Covenant Jesus gave by his death and resurrection.  But God has been about us resting in him even from the beginning. 



No comments: